Comments and Discussion about DR, English Version

« Older   Newer »
Qui-Ran Demera
icon5  view post Posted on 29/6/2007, 10:00

Okay, I will write the same post again here, so that we can also start an international discussion about DR. So. let`s`start: :woot: <-- I just could crack up about that smilie ^^

I finally made it and I have to say: I am impressed.
The DR Team managed to create an own Star Wars World which... I do like! And that is real art. It is so very hard to reach the "feeling" Star Wars creates and I have to say, that DR creates it! Very nicely!

Two things:

First:
Is it meant that there are NO Aliens whatsoever? The only thing is the mysterious sign on some Jedi`foreheads. Is that meant to be? For Star Wars there are a little few Aliens. Does not harm the story, I just wonder.

Second:
I am deeply touched and impressed by the scene in which Hope finds out how her master was wounded deadly, it works perfectly and actually made me cry. Great job! But then again as a director. I have to mention a little thing.
When Sorran forces up Master Zui-Mar Lee`s hand so that the jedi will kill himself with his sword I realized something that you maybe did not want. It is a little detail, but for the depth of the scene a very important detail:

When Zui-Mar's hand is pulled up by Sorran, he holds his own lightsaber which is of blue color. And a very mean way this is to let this Master be killed by his very own weapon. But then again, when we see the saber activated we have a red blur... now I wonder, was`nt that supposed to be a blue blur? Zui-Mar`s sword was blue, was`nt it? Or did I miss something?

It is only the directors eye which catches up such things
But do not worry, I love that movie and it is a great Job you did here. *bow*

Yours
Michel

Koto Chanell
view post Posted on 2/7/2007, 06:21

Yeah I was kinda wonderin that myself with the aliens. I thought the story was very well written I like especially the visual force effects (that a lot of films are missing). Any1 know who was that woman who came into the room while the sith apprentice was meditating/ practicing/ flash backing (if thats how to say it, you know what i mean :P ).

:*/ |@:

Again extremely well done all of you should be very proud

Qui-Ran Demera
view post Posted on 2/7/2007, 12:06

She was his girlfriend I suppose... nothing special, at least not yet :)

jojoliimited
view post Posted on 16/8/2007, 18:58

I'm glad they put up and English section.
I am awed by this film.
It's both Star Wars and very Italian in execution.
The look, pacing and cinematography remind somewhat of Paollini, even with the vfx.

the vfx are are better than any other fan films in any genre.
Thanks for the subtitled version, hope you folks are going to do another one.
This and Star Wars Revelations count as the 2 best to date.

Joe C.
Wash DC/Virginia USA

Ktar
view post Posted on 6/9/2007, 18:03

Well it took a while to find this forum. I just watched the episode and enjoyed it immensely. A fine addition to Star Wars Fan Films. Reminds me of "Reign of the Fallen" in it's approach. The acting was really good. The effects were excellent, yet the movie wasn't effect driven. Does anyone have an idea of when part 2 is supposed to appear?

K'Tar
Louisville, KY USA.

evangelise
view post Posted on 11/10/2007, 22:09

I just finished the movie and i must say i am astonished by the awesomeness and composure of the film. The storyline was well paced and the starwars lore and force lore incorporated was breathtaking and enjoyable.

OMG i cant wait till the next episode..........................do we have an eta? *yes i know im impatient and cheeky*

Darth Boese
view post Posted on 25/11/2007, 14:21

Hi folks!

Thats what I call "a frakking good SW Movie".
Exellent actors, good camerawork as well, very impressing.

Greetings from germany!

Thomas

6 replies since 29/6/2007, 10:00   889 views